Nu4u believes personal expression and time spent in creative pursuits are key avenues to achieving and maintaining a healthy mind and body.
Our group and private workshops aim to provide a safe, fun and judgement free environment where learning and nurturing are celebrated.
We believe that all mistakes are worth celebrating too. Our best learning takes place when we feel safe and are able to risk take.
As a result, we do not conform to any specific style in our workshops – what works for you is what matters. One person may have a very different style or way of expressing themselves to another, even if both people use the same materials and tools.
Instead, each piece is created in a way that allows you to create, wear or use them according to your preferred individual and creative expression.
Included in the price of our workshops are:
- A free copy of the relevant on line tutorial .
- Morning and afternoon tea.
- All materials and tools.
- Instructions from an educator with over 30 years experience.
- Workshop notes.
- A guarantee that if you don’t manage to complete your piece at the end of the day, you will be provided with the materials you’ll need to complete it at home.
- Access to instructor for followup support [ though we think you won’t need this, because we like to give you everything you need]
- Flexible provision of instructions to cater for all learning needs [ Did you know that we all learn in different ways?]
- One on one support and instructions throughout the day.
- Group instructions, along with modelling, to show you how to do things.
- No judgement environment where fun and laughter are promoted. [Did you know that you learn better in an environment where you feel secure and aren’t afraid of making mistakes?]
WONDERFULLY CREATIVE SKILLS YOU LEARN ONCE
AND GET TO USE FOREVER!
Basket Making Workshop
In this creative space you’ll learn how to make a coil basket using recycled and natural materials.
This full-day workshop comes complete with written instructions, tips, materials and equipment.
At the end of the day, you get to take home your own handmade basket created just how you like it using the materials and colours of your choice. In addition, you’ll leave equipped with information that sets you up to make additional pieces at home.
You are welcome to bring along your own findings, treasures, and “bits and pieces” from home to include in your basket. These can include old, worn favourite piece of clothing, or a broken piece of jewellery for example.
Table Lamps Workshop
This full-day workshop comes complete with written instructions, tips, tricks, materials and equipment. Everything you need to make your very own table lamp.
If you have a special piece of glass or crystalware at home you would like to incorporate into your table lamp piece, simply bring it along on the day. This might include a glass or crystal vase, wine glass, plate or bowl for example.
At the end of the day, you get to take home your own handmade recycled glass or crystalware lamp, along with its own LED light source, and written instructions to assist you in continuing to explore this wonderful and creative avenue of expression.
Table Lamp Using Recycled Glass and Crystal Ware
Wall Art Workshop
During this full-day workshop you can choose from a range of recycled and natural materials supplied by Nu4U to create your own one off wall art piece.
Select from a range of bamboo, vine, palm inflorescence, shells, recycled jewellery and material, feathers or even seeds!
If you would like to incorporate something you already have, you’re welcome to bring it along. Feathers, rope, wool almost anything goes.
All instructions, tips, materials and equipment are included, and you take home your own unique handmade wall art along with all the information you need to make your next unique wall art piece for your home, to gift, or to sell.
Wall Art Made From Natural and Recycled Materials
Jewellery & More
We offer a range of options in our Jewellery and More workshops.
Learn our secrets and tricks for making some of our unique and individual jewellery and accessories. Nothing is kept a secret in these sessions!
Though we provide all materials and equipment needed, we also share with you how to gather and / or process the materials yourself. When you return home, you can then independently continue on your own creative journey.
Our workshops include:
- Sea Shell and Bio Resin Pendant on Marine cord
- Blue Quondong and recycled bead necklace and earrings. Take home your own necklace and matching earrings.
- Brooch from marine debris and / or natural materials. Time permitting, you can often get 2 pieces made in this session.
We don’t set dates usually as we like to personally negotiate with you dates and times that work for you.
Please, therefore, contact us to discuss dates and times to book as times and dates are flexible to meet your requirements.
Ocean Themed Mermaid Necklace
Received a fabulous cardigan that is perfect for the Melbourne weather and trendy!! Jetta Ferguson-Male, Melbourne.
Received my one of a kind cardigan! Its goes with so many different out fits, fits me very well, comfy, warm and well made. Very happy with it! Thank you! Verity Woodford, Peachester.
I’ve bought a long coat and a Nu4u Neck Wrap Cardigan. I like that they’re created from recycled jumpers and T shirts and suite the Queensland climate, but also work on those odd, cold winter nights. Wonderful, friendly service and will be supporting Nu4u in the future. Christine Holden, Boyne Island.