Learn how to make your own piece of unique wall art using easy to gather materials.
What do I get in this ” Make My..” tutorial?
Developed for all skills levels, this ” how to make” tutorial has over 160 pictures as well as easy to follow, step by step instructions.
How skilled do I need to be?
Creating your own wall art isn’t about artistic or creative skill, but rather a willingness to have some fun.
You’re set to go if you can use:
- Secateurs, scissors and wire cutters
- Craft glue to glue some of the small pieces in place.
- String or something similar, to tie pieces on with.
- Your hands or tool [ such as small pliers] to bend wire. An example would be to bend the end of the wire to hold a bead in place or to secure the wire to another section of the base so it doesn’t unravel.
- Small pliers to open and close a jump ring so you can attach it to the wire base of your piece.
Approaching this tutorial with an open mind and willingness to try is all that is needed. Getting to know your materials is the key to success.
What materials do I need?
You’ll need basic materials and tools which are readily available and also include:
- Scissors, pruning cutters and pliers [ if you want to use wire ]
- PVA glue or something similar
- String or crocheting cotton to tie with
- Vine, branches or any materials from your garden, such as bamboo.[ If you have none, visit friends or your recycle center]
You may also like to use:
- Cut strips of recycled fabric or clothes
- Recycled pieces of jewelry or beading
- Raffia, string or ribbon
- Materials that can be tied, glued or furthermore woven onto your circular frame.
Please keep in mind that:
- Allow time for this PDF to download as there are a large number of pictures.
- This download is valid for 90 days.
Any questions? Why not send us your question. Contact us