Learn how to make a portable table lamp using recycled glass and crystal ware.
You can even make your own table lamp from materials found in your own home which certainly saves you money.
What do I get in this Table Lamp tutorial?
Developed for all skills levels, this tutorial has over 145 pictures to accompany our instructions.
We have broken down the information into sections/ chapters, which also have easy to follow, step by step instructions accompanied by pictures.
We start off by stepping you through how to source as well as identify the right glass ware. [After all, your lamp will only be as good as the shape, condition and style of the pieces of glass ware you use.] Worried about mistakes? Don’t be, because we even cover how to correct mistakes all the way through to setting you a few challenges by the end.
How skilled do I need to be to make a lamp?
Creating your own table lamp requires limited to no artistic or creative skill at all.
You need to get to know your materials and also be prepared to have fun if you want to succeed in making a table lamp.
What materials do I need?
You’ll need basic materials and tools which are readily available. These may include:
- Collecting glass or crystal bowls, plates and glasses from your own stock which in addition are also easily sourced from Op shop / 2nd hand shops. We share with you all the tips and tricks for choosing the right pieces.
- Specific adherent available from your local hardware store.
- Cotton buds, paper toweling and soapy water.
- A small, sharp knife or cutting tool to trim the adherent when dry.
You may also like to use:
- Recycled pieces of jewelry or beading
- Glass paints
Do you have a question you’d like to ask? Please feel free to contact us. We’d love to hear from you. Contact us
Please keep in mind that:
- This PDF document has a large number of colour photos, so please allow time for your computer to download.
- This download is valid for 90 days.