Hello from Jo again.
It’s well over due for me to touch base with you.
2021 has brought a plethora of challenges for us all, and I’m sure it’s been a challenge on multiple levels for you too.
I’ve immersed myself in creative projects, trying to stay positive and above all, focusing on my relationships and health. This has seen me trial new jewellery, trying to learn how to make my own bangle molds and working on moving towards providing a wholesale as well a retail platform on this web site.
The move to wholesale has been due to a number of reasons, though the pandemic has been a large factor in this.
Though I love the face to face and interactive energy of markets, the physical toll on me has been heavy as well as the financial strain of fewer sales over the last 18 months. So…. whether wholesale works or not, we’ll see. BUT at least I’m giving it a go! [ Said in upbeat and positive tones]
So, what have I really got up to?
- I’ve started carving some of my bangles
- I now only buy my findings from Australian suppliers
- I’m still using a bio resin, though not the full 77% plant based one from ‘Change Climate ‘ and their supplier ‘Surfing Green‘ [ I’m waiting for them to complete their new business enterprises after the pandemic effects, so I can go back to their amazing product] At least the one I’m using is made in Australia and does still have a plant component in it.
- I’ve begun making bangles with quotes / words / paintings I’ve done on paper inserted in the bangles. More to come on this one as I’m now working on a workshop version.
- I make key rings as well now, which are especially for people who don’t want to wear my jewellery.
- I’ve also started making table cloth weights using shells and bits of plastic waste, along with stainless steel pegs.
- Making my own earring findings is a challenge that I’m slowly mastering. Not my passion, but at times it’s been difficult to source the findings I want.
- My biggest sellers to date are my bangles and earrings, so making more of these is a regular weekly routine.
Enough of what I’m about for now. Time to get back into the studio I think. The photos are all recent and have been taken over the last week, so you are up to date on what I look like and the pieces I’m making.
Have a glorious and awesome week.
Much love, Jo